Fortis Security is looking to add four exceptionally talented “Security Technicians” to our incredible team. So if you live in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, or Perth areas, this one is for you.
Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, or Perth areas
Work with a company that allows you to do amazing things
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated technicians who love what they do and are willing to learn.
- Experienced security technicians with a keen mind and attention to detail.
- People with a passion for delivering the exceptional.
- And the ability to calibrate with customers and peers
About the business
Fortis is working to be the most technical and customer-centric security company in Australia. From conception in 2013, Fortis Security has been helping businesses and organisations leverage technology to deliver and implement change and awareness in physical and information security. We pride ourselves on our supportive team culture and strive to make sure that work is both exciting and rewarding. Our approach focuses on delivering rock-solid infrastructure solutions to enable our customers to run their business by leveraging the most effective and innovative solution.
In this Full-Time role, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the enterprise team that prides itself on delivering outstanding customer and technical support levels. The Security Technician plays an integral role in developing, implementing, and maintaining security solutions for our customers. Some of the responsibilities include;
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and resolving technical issues related to security systems
- Provide security device support to customers through systems problem solving and maintenance
- Conduct system and application health checks
- Manage, monitoring, debugging and supporting integrations
- Identify optimisation opportunities and make recommendations regarding the security systems
- Ensure day-to-day communications with both customers and Fortis is exceptional
- Manage one’s own workflow and keep track of all ongoing jobs/projects from start to finish.
- Ongoing training in new technologies and methodologies, as well as vendor certification
- Other duties as required
This role will allow candidates to shape their future and carrier in a fast-growing national team. We believe in developing our future managers from within.
Experienced in a similar role (2-3 years +) as a security technician coupled with a positive team player attitude, you will also have:
- Hands-on experience in implementing security solutions.
- Experience supporting Intruder, Access Control, and CCTV systems
- Working knowledge of electronics and IT Technology
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills with proven troubleshooting skills
- Team-focused with an approachable personality Passionate about the customer experience.
- Have excellent attention to detail, including well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Have an ability to multitask across different projects/brands with excellent time management skills.
- Be self-motivated and results orientated.
- Experience in installation of cable support systems, structured cabling systems
- An Open cablers license
- Any experience in Integriti, Genetec, or Milestone will be favorably considered.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- The successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen/Resident and possess the necessary authorities to be able to work in Australia
- Have or be eligible to obtain a Security License in the relevant state applying for.
How to Apply
If you are well-suited to this opportunity, we’d like to hear from you. Select the Apply Now button to submit your cover letter and resume, which should outline that you’ve read and understood the role on offer and the requirements. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call 1300-860-218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.